Mastering Technology of Participation
February 9, 2022 - February 11, 2022
Mastering Technology of Participation will be offered as one course with 4 Intensives, with one registration. Intensive I: Wednesday 2/9-10-11/2022, Intensive II: Wednesday 5/4-5-6/2022, Intensive III: Wednesday 8/10-11-12/2022, Intensive IV: Wednesday 11/2-3-4/2022.
10:00 AM – 7:00 PM CST and CDT
Skyrocket your facilitation skills to the mastery level and build a supportive community of practice through this intensive and stimulating year-long learning experience.
Mastering ToP is an intensive skill-building experience from the Institute of Cultural Affairs Technology of Participation (ToP). The year-long program helps you hone facilitation dexterity and leadership capabilities during quarterly intensives, field work, and mentoring.
Deepen your knowledge and have fun while learning new tools, processes and applications for engagement and facilitation methods. Your cohort of peers will become a network of support for years to come! Popularly known as MToP, the program includes:
I. Learning Intensives: Each quarter, MToP cohorts meet in-person for three days of intensive work:
- Intensive 1: Facilitating Depth Reflection – Learn to create participatory environments and dive into the science behind focused conversation, wave methodology, and image shift methods.
- Intensive 2: Facilitating Consensus Building – Build your skills in creating a multi-sensory impact.
- Intensive 3: Orchestrating Group Action – Co-facilitate Action Planning sessions with real clients and deepen knowledge of Strategic Planning.
- Intensive 4: Designing for Transformative Change – Learn to design exceptional events, produce effective results, and explore integrating other methods.
II. Field Experience: Practice and learning in between intensives
- Apply methods between sessions.
- Develop a personal inquiry project.
- Study materials: MToP Handbook, The Art of Focused Conversation and The Workshop Book.
- Those interested in certification can be part of a special cohort group.
III. Mentoring: Group mentor meetings with colleagues
- Exchange experiences designing a diverse array of events.
- Participate in joint facilitation and observation.
- Share feedback to foster growth and insight from mentor facilitators.
If you love the ToP Facilitation Methods and other ToP methodologies, MToP promises to deepen and increase your capacity to use these methods bringing you new tools, processes and capabilities with groups.
For those interested in becoming certified as a ToP facilitator, MToP will help you prepare for it.
Click here to watch a short video about the MToP Program.
Course Applicable To:
- Organizational leaders
- Organization development consultants
- Consultants and facilitators who want to prepare to become Certified ToP® Facilitators or Licensed Trainers of ToP® methods
- Facilitators who want to master their knowledge of ToP® facilitation methods
ToP Facilitation Methods (TFM)
ToP Strategic Planning (TSP)
An Early Bird Discount of $500 is applied if the course is paid in
full three weeks prior to course date.