- This event has passed.
ToP Facilitation Methods
January 23, 2020 - January 24, 2020
Learning You Can Use*
Learn three proven ways to activate group participation. Hands-on practice helps you discover practical uses in your life and work.
The ToP Facilitation Methods are practical tools that enable groups to have highly-energized, productive and meaningful participation. This kind of participation leads to commitment to follow-through and quality outcomes, as well as more effective long-term team work.
This training provides an overview of the philosophy underlying the methods and a demonstration of each ToP method. Participants engage in hands-on practice using the methods, and also spend time exploring how to apply the methods to their specific situations.
Participants leave the course ready to make use of the methods. Included is a detailed manual for support once back at the office, and also one free hour of follow-up phone consultation to help ensure success. Participants consistently rate this course highly.
*Support you will value
Each participant can request one free hour of personal coaching in the application of these methods.
The Focused Conversation Method
This common sense approach leads naturally to a meaningful exchange of ideas.
- Conduct purposeful discussions
- Capture a group’s best thinking easily
- Surface new ideas and solutions
- Stimulate candid feedback
The Consensus Workshop Method
This structured process is so engaging people are energized getting to consensus.
- Tap rational and intuitive thought processes
- Integrate diverse ideas
- Generate practical and creative solutions
- Develop group consensus
The Action Planning Method
These practical steps help groups plan, organize resources and build commitment.
- Visualize a successful result
- Analyze the current reality
- Create a practical plan
- Maximize group involvement
Who Should Take This Course?
People who work with groups that need high-level participation to be effective, including:
- Managers and supervisors
- Executive directors and board members
- Facilitators, trainers and consultants
- Educators and health practitioners
- Active citizens and community worker
- Unproductive conflict disappears
- Groups create their own motivation
- Personal commitment becomes a norm
- Visible results appear more quickly
- Increased productivity saves time, money
(Early Bird reduction of $50.00 when paid 3 weeks in advance of course)
|Organization Type||Course Fee||Early Bird Rate|
|Corporate (for profit)||$950||$900|
|Large Non-Profit – Budget greater than 5 million||$950||$900|
|Mid-Sized Non-Profit – Budget between 1-5 million||$650||$600|
|Small Non-Profit/Community – Budget less than 1 million||$400||$350|