Top Facilitation Methods (In Person)
September 14 - September 15
September 14-15, 2023
2 days, 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM PDT/10:00-7:00CST
Explore the landscape of facilitation and learn three key processes for activating group participation in our acclaimed flagship course. *Tiered pricing available from $400*
- Do you struggle with circular conversation in meetings that don’t seem to go anywhere?
- Are you anxious about what to do when conflict arises or someone dominates the conversation?
- Do you feel like a used car salesman trying to get people to stay committed and motivated to group projects?
In this engaging course you will learn three simple, universally applicable approaches to help you confidently move any group from conflict or confusion to consensus and commitment.
A universal framework to generate meaningful, productive dialogue around any topic.
- Conduct purposeful, productive meetings and discussions
- Stimulate candid feedback
- Surface new ideas and solutions
Infuse a group with creative energy and bring diverse opinions and perspectives into an agreement everyone can own and support.
- Tap rational and intuitive thought processes
- Respectfully integrate diverse ideas into a larger whole
- Generate practical and creative solutions from multiple perspectives
- Minimize conflict and achieve consensus
Quickly plan and prepare a group project for launch, and develop shared commitment to timelines, tasks, and success measures.
- Analyze the current reality and set inspiring goals
- Maximize group ownership and creativity
- Craft a doable plan with clear ownership, timelines and success measures
Immersive demonstrations, hands on practice, peer coaching, and real life application opportunities will ensure you leave with confidence to immediately put your new skills to use.
You’ll receive: step-by-step manual and resource guide + 1 hour of free expert coaching.
Course Applicable To:
- Project and Team Leaders
- Facilitators, Trainers and Consultants
- Project & Change Managers
- Managers and Supervisors
- Executive Directors and Board Members
- Educators and Health Practitioners
- Active Citizens and Community Workers
- Government Employees and Elected Officials
- UX and Product Designers
- Community organizers
- Community Engagement Managers
- Others who lead meetings or collaborate with groups of any kind
Continuing Ed Credits
13.5 NCHEC (CHES & MCHES)
14.5 AICP (APA)
14 PDU (CAPM)
“ToP training has been invaluable to me as an association leader! The techniques I learned have improved both my facilitation and leadership skills – I’m more able to ensure that all voices in the room are heard and also have found that I ask better questions. Even the simple but powerful framework ToP teaches for debriefing has 1,001 uses in my association work!”
–Donna Oser, CAE
Director of Leadership and Executive Search Services for the Michigan Association of School Boards
“I went in feeling insecure about my skills to lead a meeting and walked away from the experience feeling like I had started building a solid facilitation foundation. I now feel I have the confidence to lead a positive and productive meeting.”
United States Geological Survey/PNAMP Biologist
“This course teaches you to think outside the box, challenge yourself and others during conversations, and engage people in tough brainstorms. It will bring out new thought processes and help you realize how you can change how you have been facilitating meetings in the past.”
Employer Services Manager at Workforce Southwest Washington