Since 1999 the team at Center for Strategic Facilitation has facilitated organizational and community development in nonprofit, government, corporate and neighborhood organizations across the San Francisco Bay Area and beyond.
With 3 partners, and 8 associates, CSF provides facilitation, consultation and training services grounded in the Technology of Participation (ToP) methods developed by the Institute of Cultural Affairs.
Jane Stallman and Robert Quintana Hopkins are the Senior Partners of CSF and Stephanie Hochman is a Partner. Our passion is helping individuals, organizations and communities utilize more effective ways to advance their work.
We specialize in providing process expertise (or facilitation design expertise and creativity) so that you can fully engage participants, promote (shared understanding), foster better ideas to surface, and secure the commitment needed to turn ideas into results. We see our work as part of the movement to build a more participatory culture in our world. We are expanding our community of practice with those we serve. We hope you join us.
How We Partner for Positive Change
We believe that the most effective, long lasting changes occur when those who implement change help decide what needs to happen. Figuring out who should participate and having proven ways to enable participation creates the foundation for effective results. Our trainings are intensive, rich and highly experiential learning environments. You gain new skills and approaches and feel ready to try them out when you walk out the door. We provide follow up support so you can be part of a community as you deepen your facilitative leadership skills. Attendees consistently rate our trainings highly effective.
We frequently hear that our trainings are the best they’ve ever attended.
In our facilitation and consulting services, we collaborate with you in a co-design process. We listen, ask questions, and then work with you to identify flexible, tailored and practical facilitation design that move you toward the future you are working to create.
- No two individuals or organizations are alike. Flexible, customized help matters most
- The most successful outcomes result from co-created designs that are tailored to achieve your aims
- Collaborations benefit from shared data that provides collective understanding and functions as the foundation for reflection and insights
- All individuals, organizations and communities have untapped potential to advance group effectiveness and creativity
- Authentic conversations help individuals and organizations accomplish transformative shifts
- Our participatory processes offer immediate as well as strategic solutions. They save time and avoid frustration that often plague group performance